Top Gay Bartenders Compete in Palm Springs
Palm Springs, Calif. - May, 2011 - Since February, Palm Springs has challenged bartenders from twelve gay clubs across the nation to stir, shake and mix up signature cocktails for its annual "Palm Springs Summer Splash Cocktail Challenge." A winner from each club is coming to Palm Springs to compete in the "Cocktail Challenge Finale" on June 2, 2011 at 6 p.m. at Georgie’s Alibi/Azul’s Restaurant in Palm Springs.
Emceed by Bella da Ball, "Palm Springs Social Ambassador," each bartender will develop their winning Palm Springs inspired cocktail from their city and they will be judged on taste, presentation and name of each drink, in addition to their looks, presentation and audience participation. Contestants will also receive bonus points if "Palm" or "Springs" is in the name or recipe of the drink.
• SideTrack Chicago: Rick Nyman
• Look Out San Francisco: Edgar Tamayo
• The Lobby Bar Seattle: Anthony Greer
• JLounge Vancouver: Ryan Steele
• Industry Bar New York: Cole James
• Lush Food Bar in Minneapolis: Joel Koepsell
• Micky’s West Hollywood: Theron Hatch
• Round up Saloon Dallas: Cat Perez
• BS West Phoenix-Scottsdale: Hannah Fletcher
• Ft. Lauderdale’s’ Georgie’s Alibi: competition on May 16 (winner to be determined)
• San Diego’s Bourbon Street: competition on May 19 (winner to be determined)
• Charlie’s Las Vegas: competition on May 28 (winner to be determined)
The Desert Gay Tourism Guild will also be present distributing Summer Splash promotions. For photos and event information, go to www.PalmSpringsCocktails.com.
Palm Springs is home to nearly 30 gay and lesbian-owned and/or operated resorts and guesthouses, including many that are clothing optional. Palm Springs is located within two hours from Los Angeles and San Diego, and daily direct flights from the Palm Springs International Airport. Travel information: www.VisitGayPalmSprings.com.