Five Vegas Properties to Host Culinary Extravaganza
LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Food lovers will take over The Strip October 5-7 to celebrate the year’s premier culinary event, FOOD & WINE All-Star Weekend when Las Vegas FOOD & WINE all-star weekend expands to include ARIA, Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage.
Following two successful years at ARIA Resort & Casino and Bellagio Resort & Casino, this year’s roster of resorts has expanded to include MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, and The Mirage Hotel & Casino.
Kicking off Friday, October 5, the weekend will be hosted by FOOD & WINE’s Gail Simmons along with a talented line-up of celebrity chef superstars, distinguished sommeliers and sophisticated mixologists providing first-class interactive experiences, once-in-a-lifetime moments and exceptional hospitality in a way that only the resorts and restaurants of MGM Resorts International know how to do.
"From established culinary masters to rising stars, FOOD & WINE All-Star Weekend showcases the best and brightest of the industry in what has become one of the world’s top epicurean destinations," said MGM Resorts International’s Chief Marketing Officer, Bill Hornbuckle.
"Not only will we provide access to supreme culinary talents but our world-class resorts will ensure that each guest has a truly memorable experience."
Christina Grdovic, FOOD & WINE Vice President and Publisher, said, "Marking our third year in Las Vegas, we are thrilled to showcase acclaimed masters of the culinary world, along with our own Gail Simmons at FOOD & WINE’s All-Star Weekend."
The weekend promises a wide array of events sure to please even the most discerning dining connoisseur from lavish, multi-course meals to intimate cooking demonstrations including:
· The Mirage Pool’s tropical elegance will serve as the backdrop for this year’s All-Star Tasting when celebrity chefs Rick Moonen, Laurent Tourondel and many more join host Gail Simmons in a gastronomic gala showcasing the unrivaled cuisine of Vegas’ top chefs
· ARIA’s stable of powerhouse chefs including Masa Takayama, Shawn McClain, Jean-Philippe Maury, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and Jean-Georges Vongerichten will join forces to create a one-of-a-kind meal served in the alluring ambiance of Sage
· Bellagio will transform its Grand Patio into a Farmhouse setting as executive chefs Roy Ellamar of Sensi and Brett Smith of Zolo Grill, an award-winning southwestern restaurant in Boulder, CO, serve a lunch featuring seasonal ingredients harvested from their favorite farms
· Chef of the Century Joël Robuchon’s MGM Grand restaurant, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon , will present an intricate cooking demo and decadent lunch to guests. Hosted by executive chefs Claude Le-Tohic of Joël Robuchon Restaurant and Steve Benjamin of L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, the pair will expertly guide each guest through the preparation of two Joël Robuchon signature courses followed by a three-course lunch with wine pairings
· At Mandalay Bay, celebrity chef Charlie Palmer of Aureole will guide an exclusive group of guests in an interactive cooking demonstration highlighting seasonal fall fare
This is only a taste of the weekend’s collection of exciting events, with tickets starting at $50 all-inclusive. For the detailed event schedule, to purchase tickets and for more information about the Third Annual FOOD & WINE All-Star Weekend, visit www.mgmresorts.com/foodandwine/
Food & Wine is the modern, stylish, trend-spotting, talent-seeking epicurean brand. Created by American Express Publishing, the luxury-lifestyle authority, Food & Wine includes a monthly magazine with a circulation of 925,000, a books division and the website www.foodandwine.com, with updates on Twitter (@fandw) and Facebook.
Tickets now on sale for Food & Wine All-Star Weekend Oct. 5-7.